Tuesday 14 February 2012

The things I do when 'free time' is involved.

For the past few days I've spent way too many hours in the flat- although my achy ankle left me with not much choice (it is much better now:) I only went out for the odd errand and dinner with a few people who are spending the break in Krakow. I have to say it's pretty quiet around here, but it has given me plenty of time to actually use my PS2 for gaming AND watching films- I have actually seen Pocahontas three times in less than a week. To be frank I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of resting on the couch as much as I have suring this break. Time well spent indeed!

Yesterday I went for a walking tour though- specifically about Jewish heritage in Krakow. We walked around in a part of Krakow called Kazimiersz (aka the Jewish area) where we went to four different synagogues and two cemeteries. It lasted a few hours and the guide told us about the emergence of Judaism, the siginficance of the synagogue and Torah, Jewish customs and the Kosher lifestyle and about important rabbis and their influence. I learned a list of new things and we were only five people in the group so the tour was really easy to follow. I'm definitely going on more of these tours as they are free for the moment because the company wants feedback about the content and quality. The only thing to do at the end is filling out a questionnaire for feedback purposes. Yay for free stuff and a nice Sunday stroll!
There is another themed tour about Oscar Schindler where they go to his factory as well at the beginning of March which I am planning on attending :D This is such a good way of exploring the city which I have not yet found the time to do properly.

So tomorrow morning I'm leaving Krak for a while to see my lovely Edinburgh-friends :) It's going to be grand seeing a bunch of you again!



.n

No comments:

Post a Comment