Tuesday 24 January 2012

Counting down to February.

I don't think I've had a February countdown ever in my life (not that this is a big one) but I am really looking forward to a vacation/semester break/winter holiday I haven't been granted ever since I went to middle school (or was it high school?! can't remember :p )

But before that we have a final exam in embryology which is a killer subject I have a love-hate relatoinship with as it is an interesting subject but oh-so-hard to see in front of your eyes. It is all so microscopic and abstract at times it makes your head get all twisted.

I have started revising it all from the start (i.e. fertilization...implantation...morulas..blastulas... embryonic defects.. causes of spontaneous abortions..) and am currently looking at pictures like these:




...and of course reading about the thorax on the side to procrastinate from what I am really supposed to be doing. Having had cravings for buns all day (i.e. boller) and been looking into every piekarnia/cukiernia (i.e. pastry shop) trying to find a bun that resembles what I'm craving for (and then buying one which did not meet my expectations) I have now succumbed to having another round of cocopops. Fail.


In the spirit of procrastination I also wrapped the covers of one of my anatomy books with this lovely Hello Kitty gift wrapping paper. It makes me think that the next potential owner of the book will be more likely to give me a few extra groszy for its remarkable condition. Spotless as you can tell:


At least I won't ever lose my book in the library, and in the unfortunate event it will be obvious who stole it. Just saying..

I also have to say that the exposable camera Natalie and I bought in Prague was SUPER AWESOME. I don't think a single frame went to waste and if I had enough blue tac I'd put them all up on my wall! Shame I did not ask for digital copies otherwise I would post some here.. And going back to the topic of winter holiday I am absolutely thrilled about going to York and Edinburgh as well as on another train trip- this time to BERLIN with Natalie as my travel (or general day-to-day-)companion! Can't wait to walk around in a different city again and this time hopefully have time to fully  chill out in a bar or cafe more than once :) I think I can get used to the idea of intense work for a month before having a good week+ of time off for the next years to come. Now back to that intense work I was talking about.......


.n

1 comment:

  1. Nil, du MÅ prøve å bake disse - de er FANTASTISKE!

    http://www.passionforbaking.com/blog/2010/03/11/bergens-beste-skillingsboller/

    Tar litt tid, men så verdt det! Du trenger jo å slappe litt av på kvelden også? Supre å ha i fryseren til tider da du trenger litt ekstra energi etter timer med nesen i boken! ;D Lars bakte på tirsdag, så gjett hva jeg skal spise etterpå ;)

    Du er flink! Lykke til med lesing! <3

    ReplyDelete