Tuesday 12 June 2012

First block down.


So far I've had three finals and they keep getting more and more ridiculous.

Theoretical anatomy was a nasty slap in the face and I'm not even exaggerating when I estimate a failing percentage of 25% of the class (not entirely sure here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was that high). It was literally like playing odd one out/spinning the bottle/bingo/yatzy/whatever luck-related children's board game you wanna call it.
I guess they really wanted to give us a killer of a test to see who had read all the blue and yellow boxes with the tiny print in italics, which is fine to include, but filling up half of the test with crap I was explicitly told not to focus too much on defeats the point of an exam! Seriously, who cares whether the MALE nipple is located on the level of the 4th rib or 4th intercostal space?? Just for the sake of feeling even dumber I even tried palpating my own ribs and nipples during the exam- still managing to get the answer wrong ^^

Walking out of the exam seeing everyone else's WTF-just-happened-faces was disturbingly reassuring. I started to mentally preparing myself for an early return after the summer break even before making my way out of the anatomy building. What's quite good about our school though is that they process the results of the exams pretty quickly- not like in Edinburgh where you get your results months after when you've probably even forgotten which exam you sat.. So people start getting their results roughly an hour after the test. Lucky me waited for 4 1/2 hrs- 2 1/2 of which I sat in front of the computer refreshing and re-logging into the result page. Bah... whatever, I passed and I am proud to the bone!

That evening I went to party with people from the choir which was a nice breath of fresh air before cramming some organic chemistry for the rest of the weekend- time that could have been well spent doing histology, but whatever. At the end of the day I could truly identify with this entry from http://whatshouldwecallmedschool.tumblr.com
Cramming for my exam late at night and then I'm like:  And I'm like













 





The exam- again in my opinion- was a tad difficult, probably emphasised by my don't-give-an-f attitude. Anyways, the chem teacher actually lowered the pass mark because the test was "clearly very hard", so this just proved my thinking of not really taking any of this seriously to start with.... I guess a "YAAAY" is in order here.


But it gets better..

Today was another round in the hall, this time for Polish and medical history. I for one quite like the last part of it- not as interested in the first mainly because of the way it was incorporated into the curriculum as "we know you really don't care about how Poland came to be, so we're just going to have a bunch of mandatory lectures, let you sign your friends in if they're not present and give the answers to the questions we may ask beforehand" So I went quite well prepared compared to others in my class and we're all in a tiny room that could barely fit us all so we sat next to each other even in the aisle. Knowing this the professor had made two tests to distribute with the idea of people sitting next to each other having non-identical questions- to minimise cheating I'm assuming..  No shit, Sherlock. We just switched around the papers and talked our way through the answers. I guess he was fully aware it was going to happen though- hilarious man & no hard feelings. I'll be disappointed if I didn't score 100% on this...

As you can see, things get a bit silly here at times. Now I'm hoping I can actually go to that Coldplay concert in September instead of writing up another histology final...!

Motivation? "I ain't got time for your histo!"


No comments:

Post a Comment