Wednesday 20 June 2012

The last haul...(& de-crippling myself)


Almost done now...! I've been in such a complaining mood lately and am actually getting really restless and missing home very much- I really can't wait to feel the cool breeze and smell of the sea and drive around in my funky scooter #daydreaming.

Histology was a tough one yesterday- I've now realised that I definitely need more than 120 minutes to complete 100 MCQs in order to have the chance to think twice about what I enter into the answer sheet!!!!
But for what it's worth; it was a very fair test compared to anatomy which was pure evil....
Oh well, only the practical exam on Friday left before I get to go home (!!!!!) Practising on the quiz section of the department website right now- just have to keep looking at all of the slides until Friday so they'll stick to my brain I guess. It's all very monotonous and mostly just splashes of pink and purple, but there are a few ones I really like:

Filiform papilla stained with AZAN staining- wooow this is actually really colourful!
http://www.histologia.cm-uj.krakow.pl/Repetytorium/repetyt.html


Silver stained liver ; central vein - my definite favourite!

Respiratory bronchiole- kind of pretty I guess
http://www.histologia.cm-uj.krakow.pl/Repetytorium/repetyt.html

Most of the slides look like even more boring versions of the bronchiole, so there's a lot of pink mush that we need to be able to differentiate. Bah..!

I spent the time after the test yesterday packing up my room and chilling without having a bad conscience because the chemistry retake was going on this morning so I didn't feel like it was time spent skiving (slept until 8 this morning and it felt strangely nice) I'm packing up now because we have to move out of the flat :( It's such a shame because we really like it here, but the owner has decided to sell the flat- quite cheaply for what it is, but still none of us can afford to buy it- otherwise I seriously would! We only found out ~a week ago that we need to find a new place for next year. Luckily we have now found a place that is quite ideal. We will probably know by tomorrow if we can move in.

Also I really can't stand the crutches any more, so I decided to de-cripple myself and will stop by the hospital tomorrow to see if anyone can squeeze me in at some point....



I think I've compressed my ulnar nerve while using the crutches too because my little and ring finger is tingling a little. Oh, the things you learn in first grade!



.n

No comments:

Post a Comment