Monday 11 March 2013

Friday night with Kaizers.




 This week I decided to do the following:1. Buy a tablet 2. Update my instagram account for the first time ever (not all that successfully, but meh... ) 3. Jump onto the night train and g to PRAGUE to see KAIZERS ORCHESTRA!

Had a lovely encounter in the sleeper compartment of the train with a russian girl who works in the human resources  dept of a tobacco company(interesting as ive never thought of who these people actually are, and funny to hear that she did not even use any tobacco herself...). And I actually managed to sleep for most of the night even at the top bunk bed!

A friend of mine from high school who lives in Prague was also going to see Kaizers so we went together along with his friends and it turned out to be such a great time, which was much better than what I'd imagined^^ There's just something about Kaizers' music and live shows which makes your body tremble and fall in love...
They mostly played newer tunes from the last three albums and also some classics, all in all it was quite the party and my voice was rather hoarse by the end of it all. Naturally..

So for the rest of my time in Prague I just hung out with my Couchsurfing host, watched a few biochemistry kaplan videos (geek point) and met another CSer the day before my train left. Had the most tasty burger at a tiny colourful burger-diner in a part of Prague I'd probably never go to on my own if it wasn't for this CSer- fun times!

And the night train back was also a new and painful experience. Not sure how many minutes of sleep I got, but at least the neck-cushion that Weronica lent me saved me from even more pain. I didn't get a sleeper compartment for the way back so was sitting in a compartment with room for eight people, though luckily the two spots next to me were vacant and I could stretch my legs out a little. Also, quite randomly, I met two girls from my school in the very same compartment as they'd also gone to the concert like me + this annual ANSA seminar that's held in Prague. So we took turns stretching our feet and miserably braced ourselves into the cold and misty morning. My hands and feet were swollen from immobility, my hair a mess from the knotty braid I'd made to keep it in one place (fail) and my eyes like those of a panda from the unnecessary amounts of khol and mascara. But don't worry, I just came out of the shower so I'm no longer all smelly, and about to take a nap so I can make it to biochemistry in an hour! See ya!


.n

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I am very interested in the jagiellonian university in krakow, i have applied and will be doing the entrance exam in 2,5 months. i seems pretty hard though :S
    how did you prepare for the exam? did you read the books recommended or did you go directly from high school, still remembering all the biology an chem stuff?
    i have taken 2 gap years in between so ive forgotten loads!

    i would be SUPER happy if you could write a bit about your every day life in krakow. how do you like it? whats an ordinary school-day is like, where do the people all come from (only norway? ) and stuff like that! i would be very interesting :) are you attending the 6-year md program?

    hope you have the time and patient to read and hopefully answer as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tove, sure I'll write some stuff up straight away.. maybe about time I did a post like that to be honest!

      Delete
  2. that sounds really good! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete