Sunday 25 September 2011

Weekend.

It's Sunday and I'm getting ready for a quick shopping spree at the centre which is only 5 minutes away from my flat to buy another pair of shorts. Seems like summer isn't going to end just yet, which is something I can undoubtedly accept. Thought I should take advantage of the sunshine today and read my biology notes outside by the river Wisla (with a funny L that I don't know how to insert so it's pronounced "visoua") ...and eat some leftover pasta. Bliss!

Friday was a relaxing and happy day as I got granted my student loan and today I think I managed to sign some forms electronically which will enable the money to get transferred it into my account. I was feeling slightly more of an adult when I paid the tuition fees off my own savings *before* knowing I would be getting the money so soon. Oh well, now I guess I can go back to being a Slavic princess again. 9000 NOK a month is a ridiculous amount to live off in a place like this!

Yesterday was another new level of fun. We were a group of ~20 playing paintball! All dressed up in camo outfits, some of us more anxious than others, we divided ourselves into teams and  signed a paper agreeing stuff like "you're the one responsible for any eye injuries that may occur on the field". Getting hit by the paint bullets was nowhere near as painful as I thought it would be and I managed to get away with only two bruises on my arm and one on my hip! ...but at the same time I was being a bit of a sissy hiding behind the barriers most of the time. I suppose I had a single moment of pride though, when I managed to hit one of the more experienced guys on the other team while playing capture the flag ^^ Hah!

After three hours of running around, these are those of us who were hyped enough to take an -after shot :)

We went to a dentistry- flat party in the evening, ate some home made guacamole,  got kicked out by 11pm, went to another dentist-flat which had access to a rooftop(!) to continue the party where the police arrived a few hours later (obviously not as hot as the ones that came to your party, Vaishi)- by which time we went to a club where I stole another Zywiec pint glass for our flat's collection. First night out on heels, so I skipped the dancing and slept like a kid until noon. Phew!


.

1 comment:

  1. Det hørtes gøy ut! :D
    Btw, hvis du føler 9 000 er litt i overkant av hva du klarer å bruke på en mnd, så sier jeg ikke nei til litt ekstra cash ;*

    ReplyDelete