Monday 14 November 2011

CoperniCam '11

This has got to be the most well executed student-run event I've been a part of.

[insert line break for extra emphasis on sentence above]

I'm going to humbly say that it EASILY beat (past tense of beat=beat??) the BioSoc biology ball in Edinburgh, Teviot halloween party in Edinburgh, the halloween party I attended here a few weeks ago and (probably stepping on thin ice now-) the ScandiSoc vikingfests.....!

CoperniCam was arranged for the 3rd time as a student film festival with every little detail from the Oscars being adapted to suit the Kraków scene. I'm obviously referring to the red carpet, stilettos, bow-ties, moustaches (we're in the month of MOvember after all) and paparazzis eagerly filming and flash-photographing everyone.

The doors were to be closed by 8pm for the show get started- Natalie, Weronica and I came through the back entrance and sneaked our stuff back stage as we were going to sing later. CoperniChoir (which I joined a few weeks back in case I have not mentioned this earlier...) uses labcoats and red ties/bows as 'uniforms', so we dumped our bags and got mingling. I was in awe by how posh everyone looked and did not even realise that we'd managed to get upstairs without walking through the backdrop-area where everyone got their photos taken before actually entering the reception area! So Natalie and I jumped down the stairs and got a sneak shot before finding our seats next to Mia and Johannes to watch the show.


  Another bunch of lovely girls in my class: Marita, Mia K, Ann Cecilie, Kaia, Tina & Rachel

The show started off with a short intro film where you saw the host/hostess getting dressed and all made up before they jumped on to a motorcycle and got on the road (very well filmed by the way). Then they arrived outside the venue where the film stopped and suddenly out of the blue, there was a motorcycle groaning its way through the aisle. They were obviously met by an amazed crowd. Very impressive!


9 films were screened in total and the ones I remember the best were titled "Jon Bond", "CSI: Kraków", "From Kraków to MD" and "The Tale of Jagiellonia"- last one made by some guys in my class which you can see here:


After the first break, the old members of CoperniChoir got on the stage and sang a song they'd previously sung at UKA in Trondheim. Then, us newbies joined them to sing a 90's medley which sounded awesome! I barely remember the journey from the stage and back out form the rush of people cheering. Fun times! And here we are: 

 
CoperniChoir :)

The awards were literally trophies of the Copernica logo and were awarded to the best actor, actress, for the best photography/editing, best manuscript and best feature. I don't even remember who won what because I was way too busy looking at the people giving away the awards running up to the stage after their individual "intro" videos aired on the side screens (another 'pro' adaptation of the Oscars which I thought worked really well). Anyways, after clapping for 20 minutes my hands got just as sore as my feet and I decided to make my way home. Excellent night, though! And the weekend has been the equivalent of a mini holiday with casual amounts of reading (which I am catching up on as we speak), Saturday cake-time and two trips to the cinema. Love my life (will probably take this back the week before the next round of midterms!) 
Laterzzzz!

All photos are from Copernica's profile on facebook by the way ^^ 
I should really get myself a point-and-shoot camera..

.

1 comment: