Friday 4 November 2011

Midterms, visitors, Halloween....

I had my last midterm LAST thursday and it was a big relief to get it over with. Another example of how this place is rather well organised is how we get our test results almost immediately afterwards- i.e. the next day, which hardly ever happened in Edinburgh! Then again they stressed us out a little before the histology test as the invigilator called out our names at random at the front of a huge lecture theatre and we were seated as we had collected our answer sheet. then once everyone was seated they handed out the question booklets and the whole thing just messed up our heads just because nobody knew what was going on and even filling out the answers/signing the papers seemed much more complicated than necessary. Anyways, this turned out to be my best exam out of the four, so I am not complaining!

The subjects are quite enjoyable. I am particularly liking anatomy and histology so far and have finally managed to get all the paperwork done to get exempted from general chemistry. This was a big 'hallelujah' moment as I am grateful for every bit of chemistry I can get away with!

Now it's back to studying for the next block of topics in all three subjects. I also have a Polish midterm soon which is more of a nuance than a concern at the moment. Anatomy and embryology however are the things I need to dedicate my life to for the upcoming week!

I truly wonder how my desk ended up like a bombshell just hit the place. Feels like I tidied it yesterday! Gaaaah!

 And it's sad to say that it has taken me 4 years to understand how ovulation really works and how eggs get fertilised.... The good thing is that from now I'll never forget it!

As I mentioned previously my parents visited two weekends ago and while their stay was short and sweet it was good to see them again and be able to show them around town. They both loved Kraków and particularly could not get over how good the shopping is here. So all you people from Norway (or the UK for that matter) who want to visit- while I'm studying for the day I'll be sending you off to Galeria Krakówska for a few hours to mingle and spend some potatoes (i.e. Zloty). Aska and Agata also came to visit a few weeks earlier and it was so good to see them again ;) Fun times!

Fitting three in a row in my bed is clearly not a problem!

My halloween costume was quite well executed (though not as A-MAzing as last year's teenage mutant ninja turtle outfit) and I got to make use of the pirate sword/sable that I found in the flat ;) Haven't seen any good photos from the night so you'll have to imagine how awesome it was ^^ We went to a flat party and arrived at the same time as the cops (i.e. policja!)- slightly silly how we walked up the stairs and came straight down again as they kicked us out immediately after stepping inside the flat at the top of the building.  A good bunch of the people hired their costumes and the variety was immense- well, in addition to at least 3 cats and 5 pirates including myself there was the entire Winnie the Pooh gang, an xmas tree, a rubics cube, the black swann, Edward Scissorhands, Wolverine, a crocodile, and Lara Croft +++ ! The party we went to later was inn a  "vault-like" club with lots of rooms and stairs, a decent DJ and incredibly soft, velvet-y walls! I could have rested on those walls for hours!

...from Malene's photos. Shame you can't see the entire awesomeness that is my pirrrrrate outfit 


.yearrrrrh!

No comments:

Post a Comment