Monday 3 October 2011

Back to school.

On Friday we went out to celebrate the birth of one of the Swedes in our class- Frida :) Fun as always and we ended up dancing at one of the clubs in Kazimierz- also known as the Jewish district which is reasonably close to the area I live in. The rest of the weekend was pretty chilled (i.e. best described by the norwegian term "klein") and I did things such as cleaning and rearranging my bedroom. The 2 year old dust is now washed off the floors and I can finally walk around without my socks changing colour. We also had a couple of classmates over for tacos which we have been craving ever since we got here! Yum!

Yesterday I finally went outside to enjoy the sunshine as I am quite sure it will inevitably disappear soon. Took some photos and flicked through a book in the town's main square (Rynek) and went to Mia to hang out. We decided to do some shopping and I convinced her about how safe it would be to take her to the shopping centre on my bike! Surprisingly it went very well and she has now defeated her fear of co-riding a road bike ^^ Bought the most random collection of items and still managed to leave home without buying the essentials (i.e. notepads, pens etc) that I needed for todays class! I also need to go dress shopping... which as many of you know is something I find unnecessarily stressful! Bleh..

On a side note, Mia has gotten me hung up to this song which is rather sweet (in addition to anything by Bernhoft who is also one of my current addictions):


When it comes to school, I can proudly mention that I passed the first polish test (!!!!!) and hopefully aced the biology exam. It's hard to take a test seriously when a question about "what codons are" has a potential answer saying "item used for conducting safe sex", then again it seemed like the lecturer was constantly high on life and other substances and felt like spicing up a subject we've studied for at least twice earlier..

Today we had our first embryology lecture at frickin 8 o clock and I guess it's just all about getting used to the new routine. Showering in the morning is going to be much more of a chore than a pleasure as getting up at 6:30 is not exactly something I'm used to! Heading off to the (obligatory) sports class now (which is a part of our schedule) and will try to read up on a few topics to prepare for a seminar on Thursday. Yay, I actually can't wait to start geeking out, buy books and knocking myself out on colouring in every page of an anatomy atlas!


.

1 comment: